Maintenance Technician, Full-time (Hourly)
We are seeking a Full-time skilled Maintenance Technician to join our YMCA team. Under the direction of the District Facility Director, this individual performs basic to complex maintenance duties to ensure building equipment and property are in good operating condition, including conducting minor electrical and plumbing repairs, HVAC repairs, equipment repairs, painting, and assisting with general cleaning of the facilities. S/he will assist the District Facility Director or Executive Director with instructing and directing the work of a small group of facilities employees, including the production of weekly schedules. The incumbent will collaborate with department leads to complete all work orders, special projects and other maintenance needs. S/he will collaborate with the Aquatics Directors on regularly scheduled pool inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order at all times. This individual will assist in coordinating and scheduling pool and equipment maintenance and repairs.
The Maintenance Technician also assists the District Facility Director or Executive Directors to resolve any safety maintenance concerns immediately. S/he will monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies. This individual may have responsibilities related to purchasing equipment, parts and supplies that are approved by the purchase requisition process and budgeted guidelines. S/he will pick up supplies from local vendors as needed and assist with deliveries to ensure shipments are transported to the appropriate areas. S/he maintains compliance with required documentation of MSDS manual and all OSHA standards, as well as remains knowledgeable of all safety and risk management procedures and responds appropriately as trained in emergency situations. This individual also assists leadership in coordinating annual building and fire inspections. This individual must be courteous, and able to efficiently communicate with all members, staff, peers, volunteers, guests, and leadership. Previous experience working in a spa, health club or customer service environment is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum 5 years experience in building maintenance, grounds keeping and/or general repair experience required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think and respond quickly to issues or member need.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated.
- Detailed Oriented.
- Good interpersonal, organization and professional skills.
- Must meet Association appearance and dress code standards
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications (willing to obtain within 30 days of hire).
- Additional training and/or certification in HVAC, plumbing or electrical is a plus.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities of this position include: stooping, kneeling, and repetitive motions. The incumbent must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 75 lbs. The individual may work both indoors and outdoors in this position
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and discounted household memberships.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career growth opportunities at one of the largest YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.