IT - Analyst, Security Systems
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: This job is accountable for the day-to-day IT security operations across Universal Orlando for IT security management, compliance, monitoring and reporting IT security events. Overall responsibilities include log analysis, monitor network traffic activity, and assist technical staff in troubleshooting and resolving IT security issues.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring and remediation of IT security events across the enterprise in an overall effort to minimize the potential for a breach of security.
- Monitoring IT security events on a daily basis for suspicious activities (Servers event log, IT security applications and devices, Firewalls, Antivirus, and Intrusion Detection System logs, etc.).
- Support day-to-day operations and work closely with network and server teams, as well as the IT security compliance analyst to mitigate IT security related issues as required.
- Investigate, validate and help mitigate IT security alerts based on their priority.
- Conduct IT risk assessments, security and network access audits on regular basis.
- Perform vulnerability scans to identify weaknesses and potential IT security threats and/or violations.
- Manage enterprise Identity and Access Management.
- Manage VPN access.
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of IT security control re-testing, correcting deficiencies, and status reporting.
- Conduct regularly scheduled internal and external vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Assist in configuration, testing and implementation of applications, IT security and network devices.
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring and protection of information processing resources. Evaluate suspected IT security breaches and recommend corrective actions. Evaluate changes to the environments for security impact and work under guidance of Sr. Security Manager to correct risks.
- Responsible for performing security reviews of IT projects (new and ongoing).
- Assists IT Security and Compliance Manager in providing input and representation on key security initiatives, meetings and committees.
SCOPE: Accountable for the day-to-day IT security operations across Universal Orlando for IT security management, compliance, monitoring and reporting IT security events.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in: Computer Science, Information Security, or MIS is required. Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Assurance is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 Years: In IT security analyst or security specialist; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional preferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A business based attitude; the recognition that no policies can be implemented without demonstrable academic or business benefit; standards based architecture, with an understanding of how to get there, including compliance. Developing security practices as people problem vs a technical problem.
- Thorough understanding of Information Security and its requirements and prior hands on experience in implementing maintaining, and monitoring security applications in a large organization. -Required
- Experienced communication skills as to influence and motivate others across departmental lines and move teams toward change, regardless of authority. -Preferred
- Demonstrates a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment. -Preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. -Required
- Excellent in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation. -Required
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE