Finance - Vice President
Job Title: Vice President of Finance
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Give Kids The World (GKTW) seeks a senior-level professional with in-depth experience in Finance and Accounting. The Vice President of Finance will direct the organization's financial plans, policies and accounting practices for the recording and maintenance of its fiscal records and financial reports. Reporting to the CFO, the position is responsible for managing all accounting activity including general, property, revenue accounting, budgetary control and reporting. This hands on position participate in the execution of all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual responsibilities of the finance team.
Controls & Compliance
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Implement and maintain accounting systems and software integration projects to assure efficient management of data.
- Provides documents and support for the annual external review and audit of financial system and records.
Manage and Support Accounting Team
- Manage the daily operations of cash receipts, cash management, and cash disbursements (including payroll) as well as general ledger accounting.
- Coach, manage, and mentor accounting team in the areas of developing effective processes, GAAP as well as the ability to balance compliance/controls vs. organizational needs/culture
- Conduct regular 1:1 sessions and annual reviews with each direct report to ensure alignment between expectations and team member performance
- Maintain documentation to inform and measure direct reports performance
- Leads the recruiting, selection and training of team members.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage the monthly financial reporting cycle including the month-end closing, account reconciliations and reporting processes. This is a hands on position that will be responsible for performing balance sheet reconciliations, bank transfers, ACH funding, posting journal entries, and payables and payroll file reviews.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Files all federal and state financial reports.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by monitoring bank balances.
- Oversee the monthly collection of data needed for complete financial statement reporting such as guest visits, ticket distribution, in-kind contributions, investment activity, etc.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances initiating corrective actions.
- Collaborate with the CFO to provide comprehensive and insightful analysis to the Leadership Team including year-end forecasting.
- Assist with the annual budget preparation and uploading into the financial system.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Oversee gala silent auction processes
- Manage construction invoice administration and construction lien release tracking
- Prepare pro forma statements for potential news lines of business
All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Up to date knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proven knowledge of general ledger accounting
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivables, budget management, forecasting, financial reporting and cash flow management
- Demonstrated effective leader with the ability to train, coach, motivate and empower team members.
- Proficient in accounting software skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, specifically in pivot tables, v-lookup and graphs
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to manage and execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Effectively identifies and analyzes problems and takes personal accountability and initiative
- Proven leader with demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing streamlined processes, systems, and organizations that work efficiently, reliably, and repeatedly.
- Approach work with a sense of urgency and accountability
- Strong analytical and financial capabilities, as well as strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact, professionalism and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or other business curricula
- MBA or related degree - preferred
- 10 years of accounting experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with non-profit compliance - preferred
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.