Membership Services Supervisor
Full-Time | Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Avalon Park YMCA Family Center
Are you able to provide an outstanding customer service experience? Are you effective in achieving sales goals and motivating a staff team to do the same? Are you ready for the next step in your career with one of the most progressive and innovative non-profit organizations in Central Florida?
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Avalon Park YMCA Family Center is seeking a Full-time Membership Services Supervisor to join our front line leadership team. The incumbent must have flexible availability to work varied shifts based on operation needs; including afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the leadership of the Associate Executive Director, the Membership Supervisor is responsible for leading various aspects of the membership department for the Winter Park Y, including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members, as well as the supervision, selection and recruitment of a prominently part-time staff team. S/he will be responsible for leading tours to perspective members, and ensure membership goals are met through daily, weekly, monthly, and annual targets. The incumbent will also drive many aspects of member services with a key emphasis on connecting and engaging with members, potential members and program participants.
- Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Is responsible for generating revenue and or monitoring expenses according to department budget.
- Lead personalized and cause-driven tours to prospective members that promotes the many benefits of the YMCA membership.
- Provides input on performance evaluations and submits recommendations to department director for review and final approval.
- Observes and participates in the hiring and selection of staff under supervision of the Associate Executive Director.
- Initiates counseling and disciplinary actions under the close supervision of the department director.
- Prepares and coordinates employee work schedules.
- Trains and orients new employees.
- Participates in quality improvement and fundraising initiatives.
- Verifies work hours of employees and submits timesheets to department director for approval.
- Provides input into the development of procedures and systems for the department.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Effect on End Result:
- Financial growth and stability for Family Center.
- Meets or exceeds membership growth and retention goals.
- The safety of members and staff within the Family Center./
- Program growth and community awareness of quality programming.
- High morale of staff and program participants.
- Retention of staff and members in assigned area.
- Program evaluations that meet the Family Center and department quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan.
- YMCA membership for employee, and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career enrichment and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.