Broad Functions: Receive and disburse money in Areas USA food and beverage establishments while maintaining a high level of guest service and accuracy. Usually involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Often involved in processing credit or debit card transactions and validating checks or airline vouchers.
- Weekend Work Incentive, Fri 5pm to Monday 6am, $1/hour extra
- Overnight Work Incentive, Shift 10pm-6am, $2/hour extra
- Holiday Work Incentive, Double Time Pay
- Potential to Make Referral Bonuses when referring a friend, $200 per referral (specific conditions apply)
- Company Issued Uniforms: Shirt, Hat, Apron, Shoes.
- Free meals on each worked shift
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Employee Reward and Recognition Programs
- Employee AT&T Discounts
- Employee Local Fitness Club Discounts
- Employee Tickets at Work Discounts
- Training and Development
- Room for Career Growth and Advancement
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to guests.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greet guests entering establishments.
- Assist guests with any questions or requests they may have to ensure a great guest experience.
- Maintain clean and orderly working and checkout areas.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, and tabulate bills using cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Resolve guest complaints or call supervisor to get assistance.
- Answer guest’s questions, and provide information on goods sold at establishments.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
- Cashier experience in a food and beverage environment highly desirable.
- Excellent guest service abilities while working directly with the public.
- Basic mathematics skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Able to develop cooperative working relationships with others.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.