Volunteer Services Coordinator
Job Title: Volunteer Services Coordinator
Department: Volunteer Services
Reports to: Volunteer Services Management
The Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for fulfilling 100% daily coverage with qualified and committed volunteers to successfully operate all Give Kids The World areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for proactively scheduling all individual volunteers to ensure the Village is operational
- Complete daily scheduling needs to resolve call-ins or no shows
- Adjust schedules accordingly to meet operational needs based on volunteer availability
- Answer phones, welcome and assisting volunteers with check-in/check-out, answering questions, etc.
- Serve as liaison between GKTW staff and volunteers.
- Solve volunteer conflicts.
- Support the recruitment, recognition and retention of volunteers
- Conduct volunteer group Welcome Orientations
- Maintain accurate records of volunteer who are onsite
- Complete daily shift report in an efficient and effective manner
- Prepare volunteer tags
All other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS BEYOND NORMAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to be sit for long periods of time
- Ability to move/lift up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and/or holidays
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience to delivery exceptional customer service
- Ability to speak and write English clearly & articulately with a positive, professional & pleasant manner
- Demonstrated ability to maintain multiple priorities and ability to adapt quickly and easily to a changing environment
- Ability to work with all types of individuals, including co-workers, volunteers, and leaders
- Must be able to use creative problem solving skills and demonstrate decisiveness
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including battery-operated golf cart
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- High School Diploma
- 1 year work related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related area preferred
- 1 year of previous volunteer services experience preferred
- Guest Service experience preferred
- Experience with databases preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.