Audit Supervisor - 23882
An Audit Supervisor is responsible for auditing work within County agencies and departments as well as other organizations. The work involves conducting and supervising financial, compliance and operational audits on agencies, departments, programs, activities, etc. An Audit Supervisor is in-charge of the audit and, as such, is responsible for work performed on the audit. General direction is received from the Director of the County Audit Division. An Audit Supervisor is responsible for auditing work within County agencies and departments as well as other organizations. The work involves conducting and supervising financial, compliance and operational audits on agencies, departments, programs, activities, etc. An Audit Supervisor is in-charge of the audit and, as such, is responsible for work performed on the audit. General direction is received from the Director of the County Audit Division.
Performs complex financial, compliance and operational (performance) audits of departments, activities, and programs under the Board of County Commissioners and Comptroller.
- Performs detailed evaluations of various systems of internal control.
- Develops the audit plan and audit programs to determine the scope of the audit and procedures to be performed to accomplish audit objectives.
- Prepares appropriate working papers to document audit work performed, as well as written reports of tentative findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Conducts audit interviews with departmental personnel to obtain audit information.
Supervises the day-to-day work of audit staff assigned to particular audits.
- Assigns audit work to staff on the audit.
- Monitors staff continuously to ensure work is done as intended within time constraints.
- Monitors progress of the audit and keeps supervisors informed.
- Reviews and is responsible for all working papers prepared by staff on the audit.
- Provides on-the-job training to staff and motivates them to do their best work.
- Prepares performance evaluations for staff assigned to the audit.
Performs other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Bachelors degree with major course work in accounting.
- Three years experience in auditing.
- One of the three years experience as a supervisor.
- Licensed Florida Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Maintain reliable transportation for travel to field sites.
- Possess and maintain reliable work habits.
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, direct, and review the work of subordinates.
- Ability to function either independently or within a team, depending upon the work assignment/project.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, managers, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with peers, managers, and the public, on both individual and group levels.
- Knowledge of English grammar and usage, in order to compose letters and/or complete forms and documents.
- Working knowledge of accepted principles and practices of auditing, including full-scope governmental auditing.
- Ability to analyze problems with detail and accuracy, keep complex records, assemble and organize data, and prepare reports from such data.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- One additional year experience as a supervisor.
- One of the three years experience in local or state government accounting.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND/OR SKILLS
- Ability to adjust readily to changes in procedures, practices, and/or assignments.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and rules pertaining to auditing.
Must successfully complete a background investigation.
Open until filled.
Annyal Salary Range: $60,049.60 - $99,548.80