Position: Member Services Representative, Part-time (Hourly)
Location: Winter Park YMCA Family Center
Are you passionate about sales? Do you provide outstanding customer service and promote an engaging personalized experience for guests? Do you want to be part of a cause driven organization? The Winter Park YMCA Family Center, located in the heart of the Winter Park community is seeking energetic, sales orientated and customer service focused individuals to join our membership services department. S/he will join our front line team and promote a personalized health and wellness experience for our members and prospective members.
The incumbent is responsible for communicating with staff, members, volunteers and visitors in a highly professional manner; retaining membership, answering the telephone, answering member questions. This individual may also lead tours to perspective members. S/he will ultimately support the retention of our existing members, as well as the growth of new members within the Family Center. Prior call-center and sales experience is a plus! S/he should also have flexible availability to work during peak-hours of business.
- Perform facility access control duties by checking in members and program participants entering the building.
- Member call center duties
- Ensure that membership card is presented or proper guest fee, if required, is paid.
- Conduct interviews/tours to promote membership.
- Assist members and customers courteously.
- Meet and greet members and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a representative of the YMCA.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Enter membership and program enrollment data into Oracle, print receipts, and give receipts to members and program participants.
- Ensure the security of the association enforcing policy regarding visitors and maintains visitors log.
- Give membership and program information to walk in and phone in customers.
- Assist Membership Director and perform miscellaneous tasks as directed and required.
- Perform routine filing and posts all rosters.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance for self and facility.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Excellent communicators (over the telephone and in person)
- Extremely goal oriented
- Self-directed but also can work within a team or group environment
- Proficient in MS Office, internet research, social media savvy
- Proficient in using online appointment tracking systems and membership database systems
- General knowledge of the YMCA’s programs, services and community-impact
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 - 2 years of Sales (telecommunications, call-center, fitness or retail industry)
- One year of customer service experience required.
- One year retail or sales experience required
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for household.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.