At the YMCA of Central Florida we are committed to improving the lives of individuals and families by taking the initiative on healthy living. Our Avalon Park YMCA Family Center located in east Orlando is seeking a part-time Wellness Coach to join our team. The Avalon Park Y is uniquely located in a store front within the close-knit Avalon Park community. The facility is a little less than 9,000 square feet; it houses a wellness center, locker rooms, child development area, and aerobic / multipurpose room. So as you can imagine many Avalon Park Y staff are cross-trained in a variety of roles and departments - including membership.
The incumbent will cultivate member relationships by providing a high level customer service experience, and improve retention while building a client base to support personal and organizational revenue growth. This individual will be required to work on the wellness floor, assisting on the floor, supporting the general membership, and completing a schedule for cleaning equipment each shift. S/he should be able to work part-time hours with flexible availability based on business needs; that may include early mornings, week days, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelors in related field preferred.
- Previous customer service experience working in a health club, spa, or healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required (willing to obtain within first 60 days)
- Previous experience utilizing Technogym products, a plus.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting.and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees and household.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability