After School Counselors - YMCA Before & After Elementary School Programs
The YMCA of Central Florida operates a unique Before and After Elementary School Program with multiple locations throughout Orange County.
We have immediate job openings in the Windermere area at the following locations: Castleview Elementary, Bay Lake Elementary, Sunset Park Elementary, Lake Whitney Elementary and Independence Elementary
Seeking energetic and dedicated After School Counselors to implement our award winning program that offers curriculum focused on providing academic support, homework help, health and wellness, enrichment and youth mentorship in a safe and nurturing environment during out of school hours.
Individuals will be responsible for implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for youth (grades K – 5). Elementary School staff ensure that the YMCA is hosting a successful before and after school program that will foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth. This program is a unique program within the YMCA of Central Florida, as these are year round positions – staff work on site at Orange County School locations during the ten month school year and they have the option to work Summer Camp during the eight-ten weeks of summer.
Discover your passion through a rewarding position and be part of something BIGGER. You can make a real impact on youth; all while continuing to explore your leadership potential in an array of positions with career advancement opportunities at the YMCA of Central Florida.
**Weekly Hiring Events ** 9 AM - 2 PM
Typical Program Hours are Monday - Friday:
- After-school hours: 2:30 / 3pm – 6:00 pm
- Flexible schedules may consist of before-school, after school or a combination split shift (Before-school hours: 7:00 am – 8:30 am)
- 2 years previous child care experience is preferred
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability
- Excellent communication skills
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
$9.22 per hour base rate + years of relevant work experience will be factored additionally into the wage.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides an excellent working environment and great benefits which include the following:
- FREE YMCA membership for employee & a discounted rate for household
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- Career advancement & growth opportunities
- The YMCA of Central Florida offers a challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.