HR Generalist I
Performs professional level human resources work from general staffing/planning objectives to carryout primary responsibilities in the recruitment/staffing and on-boarding functions to include developing recruitment strategies, accessing candidate resources, and candidates’ evaluation/selection processes, and indoctrinating employees. Ancillary responsibilities in other HR areas may include employee relations, compensation, affirmative action, and research on emerging employment regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in staffing meetings with hiring management team and ensures the organization employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience based on operational requirements using effective recruitment and search strategies.
- Assists in developing and maintaining recruitment/staffing policies and practices, job descriptions, and identification of job posting locations required by Executive Order 11246, and Equal Employment Opportunity regulations. Coordinates with the HR Assistant scheduling of interviews for qualified candidates and advises managers on all recruitment and interviewing processes and policies.
- Actively participates in the evaluation and assessment to ATS, HRIS, and On-boarding systems for efficient and effective HR administration practices.
- Identifies, schedules, and conducts talent search through job fair participation and other recruitment programs including various resume banks/job boards, universities, and partnership agencies. May provide employees career planning and coaching for talent retention and career planning programs. Participates in the interview processes and collaborates with hiring management team on recommendations for hire.
- Ensures ATS system and reporting requirements integrity and accuracy of database maintenance in updating requisition status and applicants' disposition in coordination with HR Assistant. Assist ATS users with technical or navigational issues.
- Ensures data input and report generation for periodic reports through ATS and HRIS such as Applicant Flow, Veterans Reporting, or EEO-1 data is prepared and submitted timely.
- Monitors compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws postings. Assist in coordination of HR requirements for contract acquisition start-up and end staffing activity.
- Prepares and preserves recruitment metrics and reports as required.
- Develops position-specific recruitment campaigns, evaluates compensation requirements, and identifies potential incentives for attracting high performance candidates to meet the needs outlined by hiring managers.
- Track and report on the efficacy of talent recruitment and retention programs and make recommendations to HR Director for improving processes and performance outcomes.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with periodic special HR projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or related discipline, plus 7 years’ experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 4 years recruiting and staffing responsibilities with proven strategies for coordinating search campaigns, organizing and participating in job fairs.
Must be a U.S. citizen, DoD security clearance not required, but a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
PHR or SPHR certification desired.
Intermediate Level: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office products including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, use the Internet, and use database software at intermediate level of proficiency to create and maintain more complex documents and data entries. May also work with databases to enter data for reporting through standard or ad hoc reports such as PayChex, Human Resources, Deltek, or other operations software applications. Must be able to audit, maintain, and create reports through intuitive report writing tools.