Preventive Maintenance Specialist III
GROW With US! – University of Central Florida: Facilities Operations - $48,772 annually, Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm (experience preferred in building facilities asset management and preventive maintenance management)
At the University of Central Florida, we dream big. Founded in 1963, UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the world at large.
As the Preventive Maintenance Specialist III, this individual will be responsible for the creation and review of preventive maintenance on all campus assets. The position is also responsible for identifying and reporting needs and capabilities, metric tracking and maintenance, and process improvements or efficiencies within the Facilities & Safety organization.
- Oversee the entire preventive maintenance program within the EAM system. Work closely with the Asset Manager and outside departments for projects or new buildings to ensure PMs are effectively implemented at the beginning of the life cycle of assets. Assist with optimizing level loading of PM work orders within each shop. Assist with updates to PM templates and standards, as requested by management and users. Assist with managing automated parts ordering through PM generation.
- Oversee the addition of new buildings to the preventive maintenance program.
- Collect and compile data regarding the performance of preventive maintenance. Routinely evaluate the preventive maintenance program (frequency, timeliness, performance results, etc) and implement adjustments or improvements to the program.
- Establish trends analysis and “bad actors” list based on failure data in the EAM system. Makes recommendations and implement improvements.
- Identify and provide input to the development of Key Performance Indicators and reports on preventive maintenance program effectiveness.
- Create, update, and maintain metrics, reports and process compliance ensuring high quality data in the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system, process compliance, and efficiency of work being perform.
- Update Facilities policies, processes and procedures to continually drive efficient and effective process improvements to reach the Facilities and Safety Operations goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Experience with Assetworks AiM EAM system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Experience with a preventive maintenance program, including procedures, assets, and equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.Strong inter-personal skills, proven ability to interact with a diverse employee population and proven ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study and 4 (four) years of relevant experience.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Other duties, functions, or projects may be assigned as needed.
UCF offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. Additionally, full-time employees may be allowed to enroll for up to six (6) credit hours of eligible instruction per term on a space-available basis without payment of tuition and fees. For additional information, please reference the following link: https://hr.ucf.edu/prospective-employees/insurance/
For additional information about our department, please feel free to visit the Facilities Operations website at www.fo.ucf.edu.