Front-End Web Developer
Front-End Web Developer: Contract
We are looking for an experienced and proven Front-End Web Developer that will be responsible for front-end development and maintenance of high-profile, consumer-facing websites. This individual will have the opportunity to develop high-level creative initiatives across the agency's diverse portfolio.
Working hand-in-hand with our Lead Developer, this position will be responsible for the front-end development of websites and digital products from initial concept to completion. This position is also responsible for maintaining and improving existing websites as content is updated and current user data is analyzed.
Responsibilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Create and maintain clean, reusable, efficient and well-documented code using best practices.
- Strong proficiency in HTML5, CSS3, SCSS
- Familiarity with task runners and build tools (NPM / Yarn, Grunt / Gulp / Webpack)
- Experience with building or customizing WordPress themes and plugins
- Familiarity with MySQL, PHP
- Must understand and be able to work with REST APIs
- Familiarity with source code control, Git and GitHub
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Be able to produce responsive, cross-browser compliant, accessible front-end experiences from prototypes
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Sketch. Familiarity with InVision prototypes and Studio is a plus
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders and articulate ideas clearly
- Ability to take direction, prioritize tasks and handle high volume demands
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment with strict deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design and Development, Advertising, Fine Arts or related field
- Must have 3-5 years of qualified experience
- Experience working collaboratively with creative directors, designers and copywriters to build great user and brand experiences
- Must provide a link to an online portfolio that includes a range of web related projects
Perks and Benefits:
- Great team and work environment
- Competitive compensation
- High Profile Fortune 500 clients
*Please refrain from contacting our offices directly, we will review every candidate and respond to those qualified in a timely manner.