At the YMCA of Central Florida we are committed to improving the lives of others. With a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors, the Y enables youth, adults, families and communities to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
The premier Dr. P. Phillips YMCA Family Center located in the heart of the Dr. Phillips community is seeking a part-time Teen Programs Coordinator. Under the direction of the Youth Development Director, s/he will be responsible for a variety of functions including organizing and directing the appropriate program segment's day-to-day operations, supervising and training all support staff, and implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for youth to provide a successful program that will foster teen’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth in a safe and well-organized environment.
S/he must be organized and detail oriented to ensure applicable paperwork and/or documentation is accurately recorded according to procedural standards and within required deadlines. This individual must be an excellent communicator with the ability to engage and motivate others. They will establish a relationship with all participants to ensure developmental growth and share responsibility in interpreting and communicating participants’ progress to parents or guardians. Additionally this individual will assume equal share of the regular housekeeping chores, such as preparing for program activities and cleaning up after activities, ensuring safety and maintenance at all times.
The ability to work part-time hours with flexibility based on business needs; that may include early mornings, week days, evenings, weekends and some holidays. Preferred availability includes Monday through Friday (3pm – 8pm).
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required; child development or related field of study preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience in teen development or customer service related field required.
- YMCA youth development or operations experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Salesforce system experience a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required (Or completed within the first 30 days).
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees and discounted rate for household.
- Excellent career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most innovative YMCA’s in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability