JOB TITLE: TEACHER II
LOCATION: Various Locations Head Start/Early Head Start/Expansion
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provides services to Head Start children and families in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards. Child care work as a lead caregiver. Works with young children and families to develop their cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages classroom activities while ensuring compliance with child outcomes, State of Florida Early Childhood standards, Head Start Performance Standards, and the goals & objectives of the current Head Start curriculum.
- Develops lesson plans in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards and early childhood curriculum. Assists the Assistant Teacher in developing lesson plans.
- Maintains classroom records, progress reports, accident reports and other necessary documentation.
- Conducts developmental screenings and assessments to meet the individual needs of children.
- Models physical activities to all children in assigned classroom.
- Encourages parent involvement in the Head Start program both in the classroom and in the home.
- Works with Teacher Assistant to conduct home visits, family conferences, and may participate in parent meetings.
- Organizes and trains classroom volunteers.
- Submits referrals to Site Supervisor regarding concerns for individual children. Assists in the development and implementation of recommendations.
- Identifies and reports child abuse cases.
- Attends all pre-service and in-service training programs and other mandatory training programs.
- Assists with the orientation of new teaching staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or an Associate degree in any field with 12 ECE college credit hours.
- One (1) year experience teaching pre-school children (or infants and toddlers if working in EHS) preferred unless degree is outside of ECE.
- Must be able to obtain at least fifteen (15) clock hours of certified training per year.
- Must enroll in the State mandated 45-hour module for child care within the first 90 days of employment. Must complete within timeframe given upon hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to develop and implement age-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check, and control anger, even in difficult situations.
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreat
SALARY: $16.25 an hour
PAY GRADE: 57
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability
Apply for Teacher II
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly