We are proud to offer a variety of benefits and programs to our part-time employees.
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (To ensure full consideration all of the following documents must be attached to the application):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
THIS IS A TEMPORARY PART-TIME POOL POSITION. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed when openings become available. Applications remain active for one year from the date received. Hiring departments will review applications only when positions become available
Interpreter-Sign Language will assist deaf students by facilitating communication in the classroom either with American Sign Language or C-Print.
1. Provides an in-class text display for appropriate students. In addition, transcripts (generated from the text display) will be made available to supported students.
2. Makes every effort to type spoken information meaning-for-meaning and communicate the information in the manner in which it is intended.
3. Assists by voicing comments or questions typed by student on the laptop provided, or in a mutually agreed upon way.
4. Responsible for facilitation of communication between the student and others (the professor, other students, etc.).
5. Familiar with the scheduled lecture by preparing for class through reviewing the textbook and related materials.
6. Interpret videotapes if uncaptioned.
7. Performs other site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
2. Experienced Sign language communicator/interpreter.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Excellent proficiency of the English Language and must have good listening skills.
2. Ability to understand and summarize information while typing to transcribe.
3. Ability to handle the pressure of using the applicable software system in classroom setting; computer and word processing knowledge.
4. Sign language skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
1. Works in a classroom or office environment.