Provider Services Specialist
All employees must adhere to the Coalition’s core values. Responsible for the provision of technical assistance, support, training and documentation for funded child care centers within an identified geographic area. Assists childcare providers in understanding Coalition core quality indicators, and/or conduct program monitoring or assessments and trainings. All employees must maintain all coalition, provider’s and families’ information/data confidential.
Essential Job Functions:
Classroom/Center Assessment, Technical Assistance (TA) and Training
• Reliably conducts CLASS Assessments of assigned providers in accordance with Coalition procedures and OEL SR Assessment Criteria
• Provides expertise and technical assistance in current Coalition approved programs and trainings (could include but not limited to: Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS), Teaching Strategies GOLD and/or QRIS) designated by the coalition to all assigned childcare centers and/or homes.
• Develops positive relationships in the provider setting.
• Provides general TA such as: mentoring, material resources, room arrangement, lesson planning, curriculum and safety.
• Coaches providers to implement recommended changes or enhancements that would lead to improvements and/or accreditation and licensing.
• Works together with providers to identify key needs, areas of concerns, goals and objectives to improve operations and services provided.
• Conducts and/or assists with provider training and designated programs.
• Specializes in specific areas of ELC quality initiatives as assigned.
• Reliably conducts field monitoring of assigned providers in accordance with Coalition procedures.
• Makes DCF and other referrals when VPK and SR non-compliance issues are observed.
• Follows up with non-compliance issues according to established policies.
• Immediately reports any child endangerment/suspected child abuse situation to hotline and supervisor.
Data Collection and Management
• Collects accountability data
• Maintains provider contact log.
• Complies with Coalition required reporting, case management information, and keys information in the coalition’s computer designated drive folders within 48 hrs.
• Submit month-end report by the 5th business day of the following month.
Program Support Functions:
• Communicates and coordinates all efforts with internal departments.
• Assists with identification of provider quality materials
• Inventory and distribution of provider resource materials.
• Contributes content necessary for the development of program policy and procedures.
• Provide assistance to the reception area as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Attends required training programs in order to keep abreast with the latest developments in childhood education trends.
• Attends specified Coach, Assessor, and/or Train-the-Trainer programs as budget permits.
• Perform other special and/or related assignments as requested.
• Attends webinars/online training as assigned
• Maintains reliability in quality tools as required (This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
• Preferred certification in Infant, Toddler and/or Pre-K CLASS.
• Preferred experience working with Teaching Strategies GOLD.
• Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and followup on assignments with minimum direction.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
• Knowledge of English business language and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines. • Understanding of adult learner.
• Demonstrated knowledge of child development and appropriate child care practices and knowledge of Florida state standards and requirements.
• Ability to work flexible/hours schedule i.e. occasional Saturdays, or evening hours.
• Ability to solve problem and deal with a variety of variables. Provider Services Specialist Page 3 of 3
• Proficiency in the use of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite). Ability to navigate the Internet.
• Required Florida Driver’s License with reliable transportation to travel daily to off-site locations.
• Professional appearance and presentation.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk, stoop and kneel. The employee might be required to lift and or move up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels. Education and Experience: • A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Developmental or Child Psychology, Elementary Education or closely related field, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience working directly with children in an early childhood setting is required. Experience as a child care center director and at least one year of training adults is preferred.
• Bilingual - Ability to communicate in the Spanish language both verbally and in writing - preferred