Gel Coat Technician Training Class
This is a paid on-the-job-training position. There are 2 – 3 months of our specialized hands on and class-room training as a Gel Coat Repair Technician. Once you complete the training course and graduate, you will become a Patch and Polish Finisher with an opportunity for an increase in pay. In order to pass training, you will be graded on performance/quality and you cannot miss any time during the training program.
The Gel Coat Repair Technician plays a crucial part in the production of our world class quality boats. They are required to properly mix gel coats and putties to use for making repairs to boats. They also sand, buff, and ensure the boat’s finish coat is applied properly and meets our quality standards. This individual works with hand and small power tools (sanders, buffers, application tools) and must have a good eye for detail. This position requires working closely with a team in a manufacturing environment while wearing a PPE, including a respirator.
The hours for this position are 5:30am – 4:00pm, Monday through Thursday. This is an hourly (Non-Exempt) position, with an entry level rate of pay of $13 per hour. Overtime may be required at times based on the needs of the business. There is an opportunity to earn a performance increase after completing and passing the on-the-job-training program.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience using hand and small power tools such as sanders, buffers, and application tools.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and have the ability to use precision while working with hand tools.
- Must be organized and able to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Must be very punctual, it is critical to arrive to work as scheduled.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work closely in a team setting.
- Individuals are required to stand, bend, squat, and climb for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear a PPE, including a respirator.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment that is non-climate controlled.
- Be a part of an innovative, world class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success.
- Nautique values people, performance and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world.
- On-going, on-the-job training.
- Competitive benefits that include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plans
More searches like this
- Aerospace Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Automotive Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Construction Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Entertainment / Leisure Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando
- Manufacturing Warehouse $20,000 - $29,999 Permanent jobs in Orlando