Direct Support Professional
- Career Level
- Entry Level
At Quest, the Direct Support Professional (DSP) provides a variety of services to individuals with developmental disabilities in our low ratio, family-like environment. Direct Support Professionals work in a Group Home.
- Implement and document training activities as specified in the support plan to include, but not limited to: areas of behavior, self-help, daily living, social and leisure skills, community inclusion, physical and nutritional management.
- Provide positive social and leisure interaction daily.
- Administer prescribed medications, monitor self-administrations of medications, follow protocol for disposal of medications, maintain medication count and communicate with pharmacy as needed.
- Follow established protocol for residents' personal care, special dietary requirements and medical needs.
- Monitor and report as needed any issues related to the personal care and medical needs, including repair needs for wheelchairs or adaptive equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe home-like atmosphere while encouraging personal choices.
- Assess internal and external health and safety issues and correct or report them.
- Operate a company vehicle/van to transport individuals as requested and complete vehicle/lift inspections prior to operation.
- Report all incidents of abuse/neglect in accordance with the Disabled Abuse Act, to the abuse registry.
- Follow all policies and procedures and other duties as required and requested by supervisors.
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Successfully complete a background check and drug screen
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Valid FL Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Ability to provide proof of educational achievement or required certifications such as a high school diploma, GED, college degree, advanced degree, or medical credentials
- Minimum of one year of verifiable experience working in the medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting and/with persons who have Development
Apply for Direct Support Professional
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly