If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Academic Assessment Manager provides leadership and manages key processes related to the design, deployment, and evaluation of the assessment of academic programs across the university. This position ensures that effective assessment practices are utilized to drive continuous improvement of student outcomes and program effectiveness, and that assessment processes reflect the requirements of accrediting bodies. In collaboration with academic leaders, peers, and other stakeholders, the Manager of Academic Assessment helps all internal partners utilize data to drive continuous improvement of student and program outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and create content and materials needed to facilitate effective assessment of outcomes and other metrics across the university's academic programs
- Lead efforts with academic and cross-functional teams to promote the use of assessment data to drive the continuous improvement of student outcomes and success
- Manage complex projects and processes. Monitor progress and assist with problem-solving and process enhancement. Meet regularly with team leaders to determine areas of success and obstacles; support continuous improvement of results and processes.
- Manage program review reporting and presentations. Manage schedules, create and distribute templates, ensure quality of reports, provide guidance and support to academic leaders, archive reports and related evidence.
- Write accreditation narratives regarding academic assessment practices and compile supplemental data as evidence for accrediting bodies
- Research and evaluate technologies used for academic assessment, make recommendations for adoption
- Manage development of surveys and their administration, analysis, and reporting
- Lead and support assessment subgroups such as knowledge communities or committees
- Perform analysis and create reports, customizing them for different stakeholder groups
- Conduct data analysis, aggregation, and disaggregation to identify themes and opportunities at the program, institution, and course level to improve student outcomes
- Stay current with industry trends and research related to academic assessment
- Supervise staff, including selection and training of employees, management of work performance, coaching and development, and related decision-making
Other Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned
This position will have 2-4 direct reports
- Implementation of academic assessment best practices within higher education
- Knowledge of compliance standards and major accrediting bodies in higher education
- Project management, planning and organizational skills
- Communication skills – writing, speaking, and presenting
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and summarize data
- Problem-solving skills
- Staff recruitment and development
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Able to learn and foster the adoption of new technologies
- Applies strategic direction in the context of a distributed organization. Anticipates beyond short term and thinks critically.
- Identifies opportunities to gather and analyze data to inform decisions. Sets metrics and measures progress against these metrics to report on success of programs, team effort, and initiatives. Uses data, evidence, and research to drive continuous improvement.
- Is an agent and influence for change. Effectively demonstrates own ability to change. Shifts gears comfortably, decides and acts without having the complete picture; comfortably assimilates risk and uncertainty.
- Focuses on results, not just activity. Exceptional skill and demonstrated success in delivering and improving results in a higher education leadership role.
- Willing to tackle difficult topics and conventional thinking in a respectful and productive manner. Uses good judgment in sharing and soliciting discourse.
- Fosters creativity and brings bold innovation successfully into play.
- Defines success in terms of the holistic team, creates a feeling of belonging. Hires and develops top talent and future Full Sail leaders.
- Communicates to improve and promote teamwork, decision-making, and problem-solving. Listens and responds effectively to the positions and reactions of others and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts message and style to fit audience.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Education Administration, or related field
- 3-10 years of experience in academic assessment within higher education
- Prior teaching experience within higher education a plus
- Prior experience with distance education a plus
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
- Experience with Quality Matters or OSCQR a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficient with Apple Mac environment
- Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Preferred but not required:
- Apple Keynote, Tableau, SharePoint, HTML, Zoom, LMS, assessment software
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active communication; access, input, and retrieve information from computer systems; communicate using teleconferencing technologies. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.