We are currently seeking an experienced and highly collaborative leader to become our next Supervisor of Grounds Maintenance. This position oversees the work of the grounds staff in the maintenance and operations work on campus grounds, equipment and campus vehicles. Evaluates grounds and identifies and implements projects for grounds maintenance. Trains staff and ensures that staff use safe methods when working with equipment and chemicals.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
2. Five years of experience in grounds maintenance.
3. State certifications in Public Application and Limited Lawn and Ornamental Licensing by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for the purchase and supervision of spraying regulated and restricted pesticides, or ability to obtain certifications within 2 months of hire.
4. Two years of experience in supervision of grounds personnel.
5. Valid Florida driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
-Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
-Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Please note that due to the College's current physical closure all interviews will be conducted virtually at this time.
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.