Certified Medical Assistant
Department: ONC GYN Oncology Center
Status: Full Time
The Certified Medical Assistant performs patient care under the direction of the physician and supervision of the lead nurse in an ambulatory care setting.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant training from an approved technical school required.
- Maintains current BLS Healthcare Provider Certification – and
Maintains current certification by one of the following agencies:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) (www.aama-ntl.org)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologists (AMT) (www.amt1.com)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by National Healthcareer Association (NHA) (www.nhanow.com)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) (www.ncctinc.com)
- Accountable to the Assistant Nurse Manager, Nursing Operations Manager, or Practice Manager for operational issues.
- Embraces and participates in quality initiatives, goal attainment, and clinical outcome process improvement activities
- Supports and demonstrates effective and professional communication with patients and family members
- Works collaboratively with the administrative and operations staff.
- Gathers patient data through interview and observation.
- Assists patients and families with preparation for examination.
- Assists the physician during examination and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by the practice.
- Provides routine treatments and administers approved medication types.
- Documents patient data, treatments, procedures, and patient education according to Orlando Health and department specific policies.
- Assists the physician by acting as a liaison on behalf of the patient to schedule, provide patient with scheduling information to obtain specialty testing, and/or specialty physician consultation.
- Processes incoming and outgoing calls in an independent and professional manner using sound clinical judgment.
- Adheres and assures compliance with Orlando Health and department specific policy, procedures, value statements and Commitment to Excellent standards.
- Consistently demonstrates personal and patient safety practices and adherence to infection control standards outlined in Orlando Health policies.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and have the ability to assess data appropriate to the age-specific needs of the patients on his or her assigned department and/or unit.
- Demonstrates awareness of medical/legal issues, patient rights and compliance with standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Practices the efficient use of supplies.
- Assists business office as needed with reception, scheduling, and discharge of patients.
ADDRESS: 105 W. Miller Street Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.