Endoscopy Tech - SSH Endoscopy - PRN/DAY
Department: SSEM Endoscopy
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Serving the healthcare needs of Seminole County residents for more than 35 years, Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital is an acute care hospital located about 15 miles north of the downtown Orlando Health campus in Longwood. Of its 206 beds, 126 are acute care and 80 are inpatient behavioral health. Orlando Health South Seminole is a full-service community hospital delivering top quality healthcare – from emergency services to cardiology and vascular care to a robust surgical program, including joint replacement and minimally invasive robotic surgery. The hospital's most recent state-of-the-art expansions include two new cardiac catheterization labs featuring a 24/7 STEMI program and a comprehensive outpatient physical rehabilitation center. Orlando Health South Seminole is home to one of three Air Care Team helicopter bases prepared to transport patients to the highest level of care for the most serious of injuries and the hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion– Lake Mary.
Modern Healthcare has recognized Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital in Longwood, Fl as Best Places to Work in 2020! This recognition program honors companies throughout the industry that empower employees to provide patients and customers with the best possible care, products and services. We are proud to have been awarded with this designation!
Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital has earned an A grade from The Leapfrog Group, an independent national organization committed to healthcare quality and safety. This recognition further demonstrates our ongoing commitment to maintaining the highest standards of patient care throughout all of our facilities and ensures that our patients receive the safest medical care possible. This is the second grading period that Orlando Health South Seminole has earned an A from The Leapfrog Group. Grades are based on hospital performance in preventing medical errors, injuries, accidents, infections and other harms to patients in their care.
The SSH Endoscopy Department comprehensive endoscopy services for adult inpatients and outpatients at South Seminole Hospital. The endoscopy unit is located on the first floor of the hospital. The endoscopy unit receives outpatients from the admitting office on the first floor. The Endoscopy Department has two fully equipped procedure rooms and a travel cart for bedside and radiology procedures. There is a pre procedure admission and post procedural recovery area for the patients. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 0700 to 1400. Emergency on-call services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for inpatients and outpatients at SSH.
The Endoscopy Tech assists physicians with endoscopic examinations.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Maintain current BLS/Healthcare Provider Certification
One (1) year clinical experience.
• Labels and sends specimens to proper department/location for analysis.
• Communicates appropriate information regarding patient status, technical equipment, or unit concerns to necessary healthcare workers.
• Prepares procedure area and equipment for procedure.
• Maintains, cleans, and stores endoscopic equipment and supplies.
• Reprocesses Flexible Endoscopes according to policy.
• Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
• May have limited access to areas storing medications.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
• Completes all Orlando Health mandatory education.
• Attends department staff meetings as required.
• Assumes the responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
• Participates in nursing Environments of Care activities as assigned.
ADDRESS: 555 W. SR 434 Longwood FL 32750
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.