Executive Assistant - Orlando Health Horizon West Hospital
The Executive Assistant position at Horizons West Hospital performs advanced, diversified, and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill, and knowledge of organization policies and practices for a Vice President or Executive Director.
- Associate degree.
- Two (2) years of prior customer service, administrative or secretarial experience may substitute for the Associate degree (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section).
- Highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and/or database software, preferably Microsoft Office-based products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Five (5) years of customer service, administrative, secretarial or related experience.
- Plans and carries out administrative functions requiring considerable knowledge of the organization.
- Performs significant administrative duties with multiple priorities and tasks.
- Composes and types routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, special projects, technical papers, etc.
- Creates, prepares and coordinates presentations, including charts, graphs, etc.
- Creates and maintains databases and spreadsheets.
- Organizes meetings including distributing materials, arranging for refreshments, transcribing minutes and making travel arrangements if necessary.
- Has significant contact with senior management, board members, and various external contacts.
- Has access to confidential employee, management and organization data.
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through Vice President's or Executive Director's office.
- Answers phone calls, routes callers, takes messages and resolves routine and some complex inquiries. Screens calls and visitors.
- Operates copy machine and fax machine. Distributes incoming mail. Orders supplies. Establishes and maintains files and records on an ongoing basis.
- Conducts research, data collection, and some analysis of information.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements.
- Responds to callers, correspondence and visitors not requiring Vice President's or Executive Director's attention.
- Utilizes significant discretion in varied areas.
- Coordinates special events.
- Prepares, monitors, or assists with the preparation of various budgets.
- Provides work direction to other clerical personnel within the department.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, and workshops.
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida's largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients' needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.