Float Licensed Practical Nurse LPN - Corporate Resource Team - DAY
Department: Corporate Resource Team
Status: Variable Full Time
As a Float Nurse in Orlando Health, providing quality patient care is the top priority. You will be part of an exceptional team that travels to any of our adult hospital facilities to experience working with a diverse patient population and other specialties, seeing how other units function and a chance to meet and work with other nurses while building knowledge and skills.
In exchange for work location flexibility amongst the multiple hospital sites and range of flexing to work lower acuity when necessary, the Float Nurses will receive a higher rate of pay and enjoy 100% self-scheduling.
The Corporate Resource Team provides competent, supplemental staffing resources in the form of Registered Nurses to all nursing units within the adult population of Orlando Health. Staffing needs are assessed a minimum of every shift, and available pool team members are sent to units of greatest need within the team member's competency.
The Licensed Practical Nurse II provides and documents individualized patient care to include patient evaluation, education, medication administration, IV therapy, treatments and patient safety as directed by the RN.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing.
- Successful completion of a 30 hour approved IV therapy course.
- Current nursing license in the State of Florida renewed every two years.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Demonstrates competency in advanced practical nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the patient's condition to the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patient and family.
- Assumes an active role in keeping informed about changes in hospital policy, procedure and equipment.
- Participates in nursing PI activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on the assigned unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized unit.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (McCormick Bldg) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.