Front Office Assistant
Department: APH Developmental Pediatrics
Status: Full Time
The Front Office Assistant provides support with the daily activities for ambulatory/physician office operations, including patient registration, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, and patient referrals under the supervision of Manager Practice Operations, Medical Office Manager, Academic Program Manager, Academic Nurse Manager and/or Practice Site Supervisor.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Six (6) months experience in a clerical office, or general business, and/or customer service setting
- Schedules patient appointments according to practice specific scheduling protocols and patient preference, to include obtaining required pre-certification and authorization for office visit(s) when required.
- Obtains accurate and complete patient demographic and insurance information.
- Processes all requests for medical records according to Orlando Health and department specific policies and procedures.
- Adheres and assures compliance with Orlando Health and OHPE (OHPG, OPN) policy, procedures, and value statements.
- Demonstrates competency in use of office equipment, technology, and answers telephone calls appropriately.
- Demonstrate a Commitment to Excellence standards and actively engages to improve overall patient satisfaction experience.
- Interacts with patients and families in a professional manner.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Indicator activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Practices the efficient use of supplies.
- Assists billing service as requested.
ADDRESS: 83 W Columbia St Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.