Group Leader, Environmental Services
Status: Full Time
The Group Leader, Environmental Services position requires individual to train team members, monitor all essential functions for all current employees and, serve as a working lead covering positions in Environmental Services.
Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Must have good working knowledge and be capable of accessing and using all department related computer systems. Must instruct trainees in the use of Bed Management System.
Must be able to complete required mandatory educational training.
Three years previous environmental services, sanitation or related experience (or combination thereof). Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and a caring attitude towards patients, visitors, guest and fellow team members. This self motivated individual provides continued and consistent job performance while exhibiting an exemplary role model way of thinking in doing their job.
- As a self motivated Team Member, the individual must adhere to all Standards of Behavior, exhibit excellent customer service skills, and capable of functioning and working in a cohesive team environment.
- Position requires individual to adhere to and train team members to communicate with patients, visitors and customers using appropriate designated scripting and engagement techniques.
- To achieve a Superior Facility Image, this individual is responsible for conducting required one-on-one training using approved techniques, procedures and educational materials in the coaching process.
- To achieve a Superior Facility Image, this position is responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of patient rooms, and ancillary areas to include, but not limited to bathrooms, public areas, corridors, medication storage rooms as directed by licensed clinical staff and any other areas that may require attention using designated and appropriate chemicals and cleaning procedures.
- This position monitors all essential functions for all current employees in various areas by properly reviewing the technical skills, including the cleaning and maintenance of hard surface floors, carpeting, walls, windows, stairwells, elevators, automatic door tracks and baseboards.
- Designated task may include identifying patient and non-patient areas that need attention prior to them becoming complaints or problems.
- Is directly involved in being the project team leader utilizing necessary equipment in the completion of task and assignments.
- Regular duties include normal supervisory duties in the absence of a supervisor, this position will be responsible for monitoring team member productivity and patient throughput activities following prescribed cleaning systems while actively using designated technological computer systems.
- Serves as a working lead covering positions as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Other Related Functions
- Must have a good working knowledge of computer systems to include Microsoft Office programs, Bed Management System or other related computer systems used in the daily functions of the department.
- Adheres to all Standards of Precaution, MSDS and Hand Hygiene directives.
- Capable of completing Patient room cleaning processes utilizing the 7 Step cleaning method when functioning and performing Environmental Housekeeper duties.
- Responsible for coordinating the removal of regular, recycled and bio-medical waste.
- Must complete all mandatory training as designated and required. Attendance at in-services as required.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance and improvement activities as appropriate.
- Must be able to maintain productivity and volume standards established for the assigned facility.
- Keeps current with all policies and procedures of the hospital and the department.
- Willing to participate in other related duties not directly assigned.
ADDRESS: 10000 W. Colonial Dr. Suite 285, (Health Central MOB) Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.