NICU Desk Ops Specialist-NICU III-Day
Department: WPH Neonatal Level III
Status: Variable Full Time
Participates in the daily operations and triaging of answering the various types of incoming calls and dispersing to the NICU clinical team members responsible in a timely manner. Job duties are performed with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, time-sensitive work environment in support of critical care activities. Also responsible for administrative duties in a large scope, complex, inpatient nursing operations 24/7 setting, while ensuring delivery of quality service and optimal patient flow.
· Timely and accurately coordinates a broad range of medical services in a large, complex, fast-paced, critical-care environment.
· Answers a large volume of delivery room calls (roughly 800 monthly) and disperses nurses, respiratory technicians, physicians, nurse practitioners and residents throughout the hospital as needed in an effective and timely fashion.
· Routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers in a timely fashion.
· Request and obtains medical records/information for appropriate patient population.
· Follows up to coordinated activities to ensure timely completion.
· Compile assignments for nursing manager via information portal.
· Coordinates urgent arrival of critical team members and collaborates with supporting departments (surgery, blood bank, Radiology) during time sensitive critical implementation of ECMO.
· With no margin for error, respond appropriately and immediately to codes (via Code Box), frequently based on highly critical incidents.
· Communicates consultation requests to physicians or therapists promptly and accurately.
· Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility as needed.
· Perform job duties in cooperation with other departments, while ensuring a safe environment.
· Responsible for ensuring and maintaining pre-established levels of all unit office supplies.
· Submits work orders for departmental needs as necessary.
· Utilize office/departmental equipment and software to perform varying job duties.
· Ensures compliance with regulatory standards including Federal, State, local and The Joint Commission.
· Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
· Coordinates and assists with special projects and performs other duties as directed.
· Admits and discharges patients in NICU Central Monitor Station.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Keyboarding skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Medical terminology experience or Health Unit Coordinator Certification.
Medical terminology certification is required.
One (1) year of support or operational experience in an emergency room/critical care environment.
Two (2) years of secretarial/administrative experience or enrollment in a healthcare sciences program.
ADDRESS: 83 W. Miller St (WPH) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.