United States Coast Guard
6 days left
- Full Time
Do you think you have what it takes to save lives, bust drug traffickers or track and catch polluters? Then you're ready for a job in the Coast Guard. Not only will you receive the best training in your field, but you'll then go right to work, relying on what you've learned. You see, because we're a relatively small military service, our men and women put their training to work every day. And every job in the Coast Guard can lead to increased responsibility and pay.
For people graduating from college, leaving a civilian job or serving in another military service, we offer you the opportunity to get an officer's commission in the Coast Guard. From the get-go, you'll be in take-charge situations, where your decisions can make the difference between life and death. It's the kind of experience that no entry-level civilian job can match.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a Resident Alien.
- Be between the ages of 17-32 for active duty (full-time) or 17-40 for reserve (part-time).
- Have a high school diploma (GEDs accepted in with waiver).
- Have no more than three dependents.
- Score a 36 or higher on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test.
- Qualify medically during the military entrance medical exam. Your Recruiter will schedule the exam.
- Pass a police background check. You cannot have pending legal actions or felony offense on your record.
- Pass a credit check to verify no debts in past-due collections. Credit requirements for eligibility.