Claims Adjuster Trainee
Starting your role from the comfort of your home, you'll be provided office equipment and virtual training. However, as circumstances change, such as the situation with COVID-19, you will be required to work full-time in our office location.
As a claims adjuster trainee, you'll learn how to help customers get back on the road after an accident. Building relationships primarily over the phone in a fast-paced office environment, you'll learn how to resolve a high volume of claims efficiently while managing the claims process from start to finish. Bring your passion for helping others to our team and we'll teach you the insurance stuff – providing in-depth training on property damage and insurance contracts so you can confidently and independently adjust claims.
Duties & responsibilities (upon completion of training)
- Determine liability (who's at fault for the damages)
- Interview customers, claimants, and witnesses
- Partner with appraisers/estimators to manage vehicle repairs
- Negotiate with customers and other insurance carriers
- Bachelor's degree or a combined total of five years of work experience and/or college education
- Work or educational experience must include:
- Making decisions
- Solving problems
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing
- Effectively communicating verbally and in writing
- Customer service
- Valid driver's license
Training Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm.
After Training Work Schedule: Required work days will be Monday, Friday & Saturday with every Sunday off and either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday off. Work hours may be 8am to 5pm or 9am to 6pm, depending upon business need.
- $52,000 - $55,000
- Gainshare bonus up to 16% of your eligible earnings; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
- Wellness & mental health programs
- Health care flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, & life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
- Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development & tuition assistance
- Onsite gym & healthcare at large locations
Equal Opportunity Employer