Bus Washer / Cleaner / Detailer
Bus Washer / Cleaner / Detailer
PAY:$9.75 - $10.25 (Per Hour) depending on shift
SCHEDULE:* This position operates within a 24/7 environment that may require applicants to work day, evening, and/or night shifts as well as holidays and weekends.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:* Under general supervision, performs various tasks including washing the exterior and cleaning the interior of vehicles, including but not limited to, motor coaches, vans, limousines and luggage trucks. Other tasks include cleaning buildings and offices, policing surrounding areas, picking up and dropping off parts and materials and checking and replenishing vehicle fluid levels.
- Keeps premises of office buildings, shops, parking lots and other areas in clean and orderly condition. Moves vehicles to and from parking areas and wash bays or racks. Drives vehicles thru vehicle wash racks and/or cleaning stations. Measures and mixes water and cleanser solutions according to recommended proportions. Washes exterior of vehicles using water, cleansers, brushes, sponges, etc. Polishes trim using polish, wax or other compounds. Waxes or polishes painted surfaces with appropriate compounds. Cleans interior of vehicle including rest rooms, windows, trim, instrument panels, carpets, etc. using broom, cloth, mop, vacuum cleaner, whisk broom and appropriate cleansing materials. Removes dust, grease, asphalt, concrete, etc. from exterior of vehicle using high-pressure washing equipment, or appropriate solvents. May be required to fumigate vehicles with gases or sprays as needed. Delivers inter-office messages, small equipment, parts, materials, supplies or other items between departments. Checks and replenishes fluid levels in vehicles including oil and transmission fluid. May set up and tear down tables and chairs in offices and shops. Performs minor maintenance and repair functions on the buildings and grounds, including hanging cabinets or signs, repairing minor damage to buildings, etc. Also may be required to perform other related duties as requested.
Education: No formal education required.
Experience: Six months of practical experience as a porter, vehicle washer or detailer is preferred.
Skill at: Cleaning vehicles, office buildings and shops; checking vehicle fluid levels. Following written and verbal instructions.
Knowledge of: Use of cleaning equipment, supplies, materials, machines; and safe work practices.
Licenses: Valid Florida driver’s license with a good driving record that meets company standards.
Special Requirements: Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to safely operate motor vehicles, especially motor coaches.
- Must be able to obtain access to interior and exterior surfaces of vehicle with vehicle in any position.
- Must be able to safely operate motor vehicles, especially motor coaches, for moving vehicles to and from parking areas and wash bays or racks.
- Must be able to sustain a work load consisting of exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally (occurring up to 1/3 of the time), and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently (occurring 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly (occurring 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Must be able to comprehend and perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Must also be able to perform operations with units such as ounces, pounds, cups, pints, quarts, and gallons for measuring and/or mixing of cleansers, solvents, etc.
- Must be able to read and comprehend safety rules, warning labels and instructions in the safe use and handling of cleansers, solvents, chemicals or other shop materials, tools, equipment or supplies.
- Must be able to use body members, hand tools and/or special devices to work or move objects or materials.
MDS708 (Revised 10/20/11)
Job Type: Full-time