Payroll Clerk / Human Resources Admin
Alpha EMC is a corporation leading the effort for guidance, solutions, resolution and support in the areas of environmental work, safety and energy solutions. We are a full-scope professional services company that believes in integrity, client focus and going the extra mile to bring valuable solutions.
Alpha EMC supports efficiency, teamwork, ingenuity, creativity and “out-of-the-box” ideas in order to bring valuable solutions to ever-changing needs. We bring over 16 years in industry and over 750 combined years of experience in our field. We are seeking a dynamic and talented Full-Time Payroll Clerk/HR Admin to join our team! Our client-focused firm has a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism and excellence. You'll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our enthusiasm for the outdoors and our sense of pride!
- Gathers all data necessary including salaries, time off requests, garnishments, taxes, and any other payroll deduction to process company payroll bi-weekly.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to gather necessary payroll data required to process payroll.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local payroll requirements, laws, and regulations.
- Provides payroll data to CFO and partners to review (hours, overtime, bonuses, etc.).
- Works closely with the finance department to reconcile payroll to the general ledger and bank statements.
- Assist with Human Resources and Finance departmental support (administrative duties, reports, etc.).
- Complete additional tasks as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Human Resources or related field
- 2 years’ experience and/or training in payroll and/or Human Resources is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience with payroll and HCM solutions is preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.