Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist
SR. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
The Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist will participate in and support all aspects of the Sr. Accounts Payable function including vendor relations, assists with payment management, month end close and assists with year-end tax reporting.
- Review and process vendor invoices and requests for disbursement for accuracy, general ledger coding, proper documentation and levels of approval, and compliance to policies.
- Work with Supervisor to ensure compliance with accounting requirements and company invoice/payment guidelines
- Provide excellent customer service by building and maintaining relationships, supporting, and interacting with internal and external customers.
- Assist with identification, research, and resolve vendor account discrepancies.
- Provide problem resolution assistance to vendors and internal company personnel with tact and diplomacy.
- Perform 1099 reporting; review and verify W-9’s; participate in new vendor setup and ensuring information accuracy and proper coding.
- Support special projects and process improvement initiatives as needed.
- Seek ways to work more efficiently and effectively while not losing site of departmental goals.
- Follow up with requests from other departments /auditors for information / reports.
- Perform all tasks related to Accounts Payable in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Complete other tasks/functions as needed.
- United States (Required)