Experience Kissimmee is the official tourism authority for the Kissimmee destination and Osceola County, Florida. We promote the destination domestically and around the world to potential leisure, business, and sports travelers. Our team develops and implements sales, marketing and communications programs that encourage more than 9 million overnight guests annually. Our goal is to further our popular Central Florida destination’s reputation as being a top vacation spot by positioning Kissimmee as perfectly Whelmed – the perfect balance of thrilling adventures and relaxing moments.
Our Marketing and sales programs and campaigns highlight Kissimmee’s easy access to legendary theme parks and immersive outdoor experiences. Visitors can stay their way at more than 70,000 accommodations options, including 50,000 private vacation homes.
We work directly with our 900+ local Industry Partners to tell the Kissimmee story and all there is to see and do in this sunny location.
Experience Kissimmee is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator. This role assists with the development of innovative and integrated marketing communications strategies that align with the organization’s brand strategy.
This marketing coodinator will telecommute and primarily work from home. Occasionally in-person meetings will be required at Experience Kissimmee’s office in Kissimmee, FL and throughout the Kissimmee/Osceola County destination; therefore, candidates are expected to live in Central Florida.
Below are some of the major responsibilities of the position:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the assigned marketing programs and projects of the marketing plan, according to the established timelines, goals, standards and expectations of quality, integrity and customer service.
- Assist with the development of annual international travel trade sales and marketing programs and the development of international consumer marketing programs.
- Coordinate marketing strategy Tour Operators.
- Work with the Sr. Manager to implement traditional and online advertising activities that support the travel trade domestically and internationally.
- Ensure consistent messaging across all marketing and sales platforms including printed brochures, presentations, website, emails, surveys, newsletters and other sales collateral as needed.
- Support the brand promise through careful execution of the design, messaging, voice and approach of all marketing efforts.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional, integrated teams, internal and external partners, contracted creative agencies and international representation firms.
- As needed liaise with creative, media and other contracted agencies for implementing marketing programs and campaigns to achieve the goals and objectives for markets and programs as specified.
- Assist in the development of marketing creative concepts, review ad submissions, and obtain approvals to ensure these adhere to branding standards and technical/creative specifications as well as appeal to the targeted demographic.
- Assist in the pursuit of objectives and awareness for International and Domestic programs, through integrated marketing communications channels.
- Upon approval, work with international representation firms, including media analysis to identify vehicles to utilize to achieve the goals and objectives for specified programs
- Upon receipt of materials from external partners, review and provide feedback for content, copy, and creative for websites, advertising, marketing campaigns, blogs, e-newsletters, social media pages, and any additional collateral in relation to interactive programming.
- Maintain a well-informed working knowledge of the destination partners in the area.
- Serve as brand advocate and marketing support for internal departments.
- Ensure a unified and effective workflow process for departments enlisting marketing support.
- Gather campaign performance results and reports from external sources for leadership’s review.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, public relations or related field and one to three years of related experience. Will substitute experience for education.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of websites, and e-marketing techniques/technologies, social media and mobile marketing. Must possess knowledge of principles and techniques of marketing, advertising, and promotions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agencies, departmental staff, supervisors and the industry partners.
- Requires strong customer relations skills, communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-motivated, team player with high energy and a great attitude.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, achieve deadlines under pressure, and work independently without direct supervision or as a member of a team that solicits input for all levels of the organization.
- Spanish or Portuguese speaking a plus.
We are a diverse group of high performing individuals working to make a positive impact on our community. Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. The organization pays for 80% of medical and dental premiums, 100% of basic term life insurance and 100% of short and long-term disability premiums. Experience Kissimmee also offers a competitive and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
We offer a competitive compensation package with an annual performance review process, opportunities for professional development and membership to professional organizations.
Experience Kissimmee is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Experience Kissimmee will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.