Experience Kissimmee is the official tourism authority for the Kissimmee destination and Osceola County, Florida. We promote the destination domestically and around the world to potential leisure, business, and sports travelers. Our team develops and implements sales, marketing and communications programs that encourage more than 9 million overnight guests annually. Our goal is to further our popular Central Florida destination’s reputation as being a top vacation spot by positioning Kissimmee as perfectly Whelmed – the perfect balance of thrilling adventures and relaxing moments.
Our Marketing and sales programs and campaigns highlight Kissimmee’s easy access to legendary theme parks and immersive outdoor experiences. Visitors can stay their way at more than 70,000 accommodations options, including 50,000 private vacation homes.
We work directly with our 900+ local Industry Partners to tell the Kissimmee story and all there is to see and do in this sunny location.
Experience Kissimmee is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. This role performs administrative and office support to the Event Management team.
This administrative assistant will telecommute and primarily work from home. Occasionally in-person meetings will be required at Experience Kissimmee’s office in Kissimmee, FL and throughout the Kissimmee/Osceola County destination; therefore, candidates are expected to live in Central Florida.
Below are some of the major responsibilities of the position:
- Process invoices, CEO approval forms and check requests by accurately coding, routing. This includes departmental tracking and budget tracking of expenses.
- Work within the CRM (all modules) on a regular basis to ensure accurate up-to-date industry partner and event information is maintained.
- Work within project management tool by submitting creative requests, event tasks and timelines. Closely monitor request lifecycle and update event team on project status. Monitor event calendar to ensure accuracy.
- Work with team to create event registration websites by using registration software and PowerPoint. Ensure all event related communication is accurate and on deadline.
- Responsible for monitoring registration modules across all event platforms by pulling registration reports, undeliverables and other event metrics. Distribute reports to teams as needed. In addition, process payments from partners for events or sponsorships by providing reports to Finance on a weekly basis. Also monitors modifications, refunds and cancellations.
- Assist Event Team with virtual events. This includes setting up partner meetings, recording appointments, building out webinar framework and distribute related links. Gather and compile information for presenter packets and distribute to event stakeholders.
- Assist Events team with familiarization tours by making dining reservations, transportation arrangements and other duties.
- Act as the departmental liaison for amenity/give-a-way logoed items. Coordinate the department’s inventory needs through the CRM, including placing orders, picking items up at the warehouse and updating the list for inventory control. This includes communication with other departments when utilizing their products and the use of the organization’s project management system for promo items quotes, logo requests, etc.
- Responsible for meeting set up for internal and external meetings between department team members and industry partners/visitors. This includes reserving meeting space, ordering food and beverage, preparing meeting materials, taking minutes as well as tearing down following the meeting.
- Assist Events team with maintaining separate event budgets for each event, and the ensuring invoices are paid on-time post event. Follow-up on missing invoices from vendors.
- Order office supplies through appropriate channels for all assigned areas.
- Coordinate mailing, shipping and receiving of event materials. Also collects and distributes mail for the Event Management Team.
- Maintain company-wide event calendar.
- Prepare travel authorizations as needed on behalf of the Director of Event Management, and Event Planners (with estimates of travel, hotel, per diems) and routes for approval.
- Research and make travel arrangements, including air, rental car, hotel, ground transportation, registration for conferences as needed for the Director of Event Management and Event Planners.
- Prepare expense reports as needed and submit for approval and reimbursement on behalf of the Director of Event Management and Event Planners.
- Monitor Event Services email inbox and reply to inquiries.
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and updates electronic filing system for all assigned areas.
- Assist Event Management Team by working registration for local industry functions hosted by Experience Kissimmee.
- Provides overall administrative support by preparing Director’s monthly reports on departmental activities including presentations to EK Staff and the Board of Directors. This includes the compilation of event data such as attendance, budget and satisfaction surveys into a monthly report for Director’s review.
- Coordinate Event teams’ calendars for internal and external meetings, sites, recording appointments, etc.
- Perform duties as assigned/necessary which are related or logical in assignment to the position.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associates degree preferred and two years of related experience (of the 2 years one year minimum of database experience, specifically data entry experience and an understanding of data fields.). Will substitute experience for education.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite especially Outlook, Excel and PPT.
- Daily experience working within a database (CRM).
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
Experience Kissimmee is a diverse group of high performing individuals working to make a positive impact on our community. Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. The organization pays for 80% of medical and dental premiums, 100% of basic term life insurance and 100% of short and long-term disability premiums. Experience Kissimmee also offers a competitive and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
We offer a competitive compensation package with an annual performance review process, opportunities for professional development and membership to professional organizations.
Experience Kissimmee is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Experience Kissimmee will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
Apply for Administrative Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly