Design Engineer, Parkwide Technical Infrastructure
JOB SUMMARY: The Design Engineer of Parkwide Technical Infrastructure (PTI) will oversee the contracted vendors performing the design, implementation and testing of the connected systems that comprise the backbone communications infrastructure for all attractions, BOH facilities, and non-attraction FOH facilities. The scope of the connected systems include: ride/show physical connectivity; A/V & Lighting physical connectivity; campus security physical connectivity (includes BMS, Cameras, Fire Alarm); UPT wired and wireless networks installation, physical connectivity, and security. Role is responsible for leading the design and preparing plans for the development and installation of the data center and critical environments according to present and future requirements.
- Inspect work being done by vendors and act as the bridge between the Universal Parks Engineering, Technical Services, AV systems, RSN and UPT groups to seek to provide a technical infrastructure that the respective groups can support and maintain. This includes acceptance testing and certification verification in accordance with the various systems and standards for each system being connected within a project.
- Utilize standards written by UPT, in conjunction with Creative OPS and local building code to prepare proper construction plans for projects as it relates to refurbishments and new construction builds. Maintain project inputs for scheduling and budget through the various phases of a project life. Work with vendors and partners to achieve cost savings either as reduction in unit price, bulk pricing, or streamlined methodologies that result in savings.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the organization, continually improves business acumen, and improves business processes to guarantee a high level of availability through the use of solid and proven business technology solutions. This means partnering with divisions outside of UPT to review designs from multiple projects and ensure appropriate security, growth, safety, redundancy, reliability and sustainability design strategies are in place are given proper weighting in the design objectives.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Other: Technical leadership experience in Infrastructure and/or Data Center Operations is also required applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of BS.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years:
- Experience and strong knowledge in design Telecom and Structured cabling standards and systems Experience managing mid to large scale facility design and build-outs, preferably on campus style locations and/or corporate headquarters/branch location models.
- Experience in designing cable management and fiber distribution standards and systems.
- Experience installing equipment within electrical codes, grounding regulations, and performing utilization projections, spikes, and ranges.
- Planning and installation of data center and other style critical environments racks, cable management, copper, and fiber optic cabling.
- Proven leadership and ability to work independently as well as part of a larger infrastructure team.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Commscope Systimax Designer Certification is preferred.
- BICSI RCDD training completed (doesn't require the certification exam) preferred.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE