SeaWorld Camp is accredited by the American Camp Association and consists of week-long camp sessions designed to engage and activate campers in caring for the natural world.
This position begins on Monday, May 23rd and ends on Friday, August 5th, 2022. Applicants must be fully available for the entire duration of the season.
As a Camp Counselor, you will facilitate camp curriculum including activities and crafts for campers age Pre-K through 12th grade.
‖ Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizing excellent communication and guest service skills (both oral and written)
- Organizing and taking inventory of program materials
- Greeting and welcoming campers and parents who arrive for SeaWorld Camp programs
- Maintaining cleanliness of designated camp area
- Performing other duties as assigned
‖ What it takes to succeed:
- At least 19 years of age
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record and proof of insurance. Able to meet company driving guidelines
- Ability to pass the CPR certification course
- Ability to maintain full availability with no scheduling restrictions during entire season
- One (1) year of college experience preferred
- At least six (6) months of prior experience working in childcare or similar fields
- Able to stand and walk for an entire shift
- Able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat
- Position may be exposed to fumes, dust, odors, and cold/heat temperature extremes
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing and climb/ascend heights. Climb ladders up to 6' and ascend stairways and reach above shoulders
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, bending, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing)
- Able to lift, push and pull 25 pounds
- Available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid, closing shifts and holidays
As part of the SeaWorld Family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as a few Perks of the Job along the way:
- Complimentary Park Admission
- Discounted Park Tickets and Passes for Family and Friends
- Admission to Universal Orlando Parks
- Exclusive Discounts on Food, Merchandise, etc.
- Special Events
- Attraction Previews
- Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Rewards
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401K Options
- And So Much More!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for YOU!
Join our team and you'll agree, lives are changed by careers at Sea! 💙