Media Center - Field Research Specialist (In-Park, On Call)
- This is an on-call position which requires flexible availability with a minimum of 2 days of availability needed each week.
- Notification of scheduling could be up to 48 hours in advance.
- Number of hours received per week can vary from 0-40 depending on the season and project. Shifts can be between 8-10 hours in length.
JOB SUMMARY: The UPR Consumer Insights Team-Media Center conducts research among guests in an effort to learn more about them, understand their attitudes/preferences, and gauge satisfaction with their NBC, Universal, and Comcast experiences. Research mediums employed inside the Universal Orlando footprint include the use of traditional methods (survey research, dial tests, focus groups, and one-on-one interviews), as well as innovative and state-of-the-art eye tracking, galvanized skin response (GSR), facial coding and biometric research. The Media Center Research Specialist at the NBCU Media Center is responsible for recruiting respondents; and executing administrative, clerical and technical assignments in support of research conducted at the facility.
- Intercepts qualifies and conducts surveys with park guests using standardized recruiting and interviewing techniques including the ability to determine eligibility for survey based on screening qualifications. Recruits for focus group participation as needed. Proficient written, verbal, and active listening communication skills including the ability to assist guests while remaining on task for recruiting needs.
- Responsible for consistent, reliable data collection according to study procedures while demonstrating good time management, organizational skills, and multi-tasking in order to meet daily survey quotas. Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time as well as adjust to surrounding environment including all encountered outdoor weather conditions.
- Guides respondents to the appropriate testing room and machine. Assigns respondents into different machines or sessions, using various types of software for different study formats (i.e., dial testing, biometrics, focus groups, in-depth interviews, etc.). Ensures a positive guest service experience, attends to technical and guest issues, and ensures that all customer-specific and research standards are followed throughout the completion of every session/study.
- Receptionist and front desk responsibilities include greeting incoming respondents, confirming and processing respondent check-ins and logging into spreadsheets or testing software. Other general receptionist related duties may be required such as welcoming park guests, Media Center guests and corporate visitors. Follows proper room preparation before and after each study, following opening and closing procedures, according to specific study formats. Machines require cleaning and setup in between all sessions, ensuring the previous session was properly completed and the machine is ready for the next session.
- Dispenses appropriate study incentives to respondents after completed sessions and completing incentive reports.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
- 1+ years clerical, administrative, technical, customer service, data entry, computer experience preferred.
- Market research experience a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Additional qualifications for this role include:
- Must be capable of understanding the goal and purpose of a research project
- Able to read and interpret survey questionnaires, methodologies, and procedure manuals
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in stressful situations while remaining calm and patient
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and change direction quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as function in a team atmosphere
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Must have basic computer literacy and data entry accuracy
- Flexible scheduling including being called in to work with 48-hour notice
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE