Deep Water Lifeguard (Volcano Bay) - No Experience Required - Certifications Provided
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe operation of attractions in any depths of water in the park, patron surveillance ensuring guest safety, and delivering exemplary guest service.
**Deepwater Lifeguard pay rate of $16.50/hour!
- Ensures the proper use of safety practices and procedures while operating the attraction in addition to opening and closing procedures, to include: loading and unloading the ride, providing safety instructions, patron surveillance and assisting guests with special access in any depths of water. Observes ride monitors to ensure safe operation of attraction. Safely evacuates the ride in accordance to operating procedures.
- Welcomes and greets guests, screens for ride requirements and special needs. Provides guest and attraction information, monitors the queue and makes appropriate adjustments and records ride counts.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment by constantly monitoring the immediate area and/or surroundings.
Responsible for ensuring a neat and organized work area, trash removal and keeping the area free of debris to include: the proper maintenance of equipment and/or tubes/ride vehicles.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to swim.
- Previous lifeguarding experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable in and around water for an entire shift.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and operate ride vehicles.
- Regularly required to ride the attraction to ensure show quality and proper working conditions.
- Able to make quick decisions, recognize, respond to, and extract an individual in distress.
- Must be able to swim three hundred (300) yards continuously using only front crawl and/or breaststroke swim techniques.
- Must be able to tread water for 2 minutes without the use of arms.
- Must be able to swim 20 yards and retrieve a ten (10) pound brick from ten (10) feet of water, and return to starting point.
- Must be able communicate via phone, whistle and radio.
- Must be able to distinguish hand signals at a distance of up 50 ft.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass all training for American Red Cross Aquatics Attractions Lifeguard Certification, CPR, First Aid, and AED and pass a written and practical American Red Cross Certification and general operating procedures assessment as well as successfully pass any skill audits.
- Team Members will be American Red Cross certified on site. Must complete monthly in-service training requirements.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.