Supervisor, Make-up & Prosthetics – Marquee Events (Temporary)
- Candidates must be available to work weekends, nights and overnights, and holidays.
- Interviews will be applied to All Marquee Events -HHN, Holidays, and Mardi Gras.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise the daily operation of the Make-up & Prosthetics Department for Marquee Event(s).
- Maintain the daily operation of the Make-up and Prosthetic department; ensure that all standard operating procedures are followed. Monitor the staffs work processes. Instruct and monitor staff in required fabrication and construction techniques along with proper use of machinery and materials. Maintain shop organization.
- Responsible for the assignment and tracking of daily work in the Make –up department. Monitor quality control for all projects produced by staff. Provide consistent feedback for both recognition and improvement daily, assist with timely replacement requests for materials, notions, replacement parts, etc.
- Trouble shoots issues as needed. Assist in maintaining proper par levels. Supervise and participate in fittings as needed.
- Assist with the development and organization of new projects and events, attend and participate in dress rehearsals and show openings.
- Perform proper and timely administrative tasks – not limited to:
- Daily time keeping, payroll and scheduling
- Team member training
- Performance evaluations
- Work with management to maintain staffing levels and hire new employees as needed
- Communicate with management, attend and participate in staff meetings
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This position provides direct supervision of Costume Fabrication Leads and fabrication personnel (Fabrication Specialist I, Fabrication Specialist II, and Costume Technicians).
- High school degree or GED is required. Technical school is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred in theatrical costuming, fashion design.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- 2-5 Years supervisory experience preferred. Training and practical experience in Prosthetics fabrication including Lab/Studio/ Mold Making / Casting / Hair/ Wig work and field application or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have 1-2 years make-up artist experience and knowledge to ability to airbrush.
- Makeup and wig experience would be beneficial; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE