Technical Specialist – Architecture Platform Services
JOB SUMMARY: The Technical Specialist – Architecture Platform Services role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and/or maintain technology solutions related to the Guest and Team Member experience. This includes writing, coding, testing, analyzing and delivering both hardware and software programs and applications and/or performing analyst duties including research, design, and documentation tasks throughout the production life cycle.
The Technical Specialist should be familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle as they are expected to be assigned tasks associated with the SDLC which may include either Software Development tasks or Analyst tasks based on the needs of our business partners. This may also include leveraging of Enterprise Systems to their full extents, development or leadership of project development efforts, and the transition of delivered solutions to the Parks Technology Operations team for ongoing support.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other NBCUniversal parks and properties on occasion.
- Research, design, and deliver hardware and software solutions
- Defect Triage – Assist in quickly identifying defects found during the software development and quality assurance cycles, to assign to the correct teams for timely resolution.
- Design, run and monitor software tests on new and existing systems for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Documentation of system business requirements, technical requirements, specifications, and test cases on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Support Release Management and Change Control processes along with other UPT Compliance Initiatives.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience desired in one or more of the following fields: Computer Information Technology, Computer Programming and Analysis, Industrial Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology.
EXPERIENCE: 7+ years equivalent work experience. Experience preferred in project management, business analysis, or system design. Conflict resolution and problem solving techniques required. Good presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation skills required.
- Very highly developed written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience)
- Business Analysis — proven success collaborating directly with internal customers (i.e., product owners) to understand their needs and translate them into a working solution
- Adaptability — a fast learner with a willingness to build solutions using tools to which you may have had little previous exposure
- Empathy—the innate ability to understand the challenges faced by our customers, and the drive to resolve them
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills, problem resolution and improved efficiencies and productivity.
- Experience with large scale enterprise system development and integration.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Scaled Agile Framework a plus
; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE