Senior Manager, IT - Data Management
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the development, implementation, support, maintenance, operations and enhancements of data management systems (Financial, Customer, Marketing, CRM etc.). Collaborates with business areas to identify and assess business requirements for information/data and then provide options, risks, costs and benefits for the appropriate solution. Actively participates in setting the direction and strategy for all data management environments. Prepares detailed work estimates for solutions including resources, hardware requirements and purchased software requirements. Understand the system architecture sufficiently to facilitate resolution of technical issues and problems. Develops and maintains an intimate understanding of business operations. Demonstrates sound business sense and ability to see “the big picture”. Assess the flow of data between system components. Ensures the necessary documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices are developed. Coordinates with the business users during implementations and continues to serve as a point of contact for future data questions and issues. Ensures ongoing support and maintenance of existing systems and determines improvements and corrective action when necessary. Manage end user expectations while addressing service availability concerns. Ensures business user issues are resolved in a timely manner. Facilitates and leads meetings with end users at all levels (VP, Director, Managers, and Subject Matter Experts). Keeps management and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
- Provide day to day leadership for the development, operations and support of scalable, high-performance data platforms/environments (i.e. data warehouses, data marts, data lake) partnering with various business areas across the organization.
- Participate in vendor selection and management of vendor resources. Includes oversight of drafting SOW's, RFP's, vendor evaluation, and monitoring vendor progress of development deliverables through to implementation. Also includes oversight of support staff as well.
- Work effectively with Technology Operations/Infrastructure teams to ensure a seamless transition of the completed solutions for its continued operations and maintenance. Able to engage with them when issues arise.
- Leverage appropriate data/information architecture strategies, principles and processes.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in a Technical field or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations partnering with clients/business groups to lead and support complex data and information architecture/ management programs.
- Multiple years of IT-related work experience including multiple years of performing leadership activities.
- ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad experience with data requirements, big data, data modeling concepts, data integration, master data management, metadata management, enterprise data warehousing (EDW), data lake tools, protocols and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality documentation and presentations.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and agile project management methodologies/processes.
- Experience with one or more databases such as Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle etc.
- Experience with one or more ETL/Data Quality tools such as IBM's Data Stage/Quality Stage, Microsoft SSIS etc.
- Experience with customer identification and address standardization processes and tools such as Unica, Interact, SilverPop, etc.
- Experience with one or more statistical modeling tools by R, Python, SPSS etc.
- Experience with one or more data modeling tools such as Erwin, Embarcadaro etc.
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts, tools, utilities, protocols, and practices especially HortonWorks Hadoop and corresponding toolsets – Spark, Hive, Nifi, R, Python etc
- Able to understand and interpret logical and physical data models.
- Familiarity with one or more reporting/ad-hoc analysis tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing architectures, protocols, and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking are essential.
- Ability to recognize and implement improved efficiencies and productivity
- Able to mediate issues between users, team members or other personnel and subordinates.
- Able to mentor others as needed.
- Being a self-starter/motivator and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must.
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills.
- Able to cope with adversity and handle urgent system issues under pressure
- Able to embrace and adapt to change while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE