Laundry Specialist - (Experience not Required)
JOB SUMMARY: Provides Universal Way Service Standards in cleaning, drying, and pressing Wardrobe for Team Members. Ensures that each wardrobed Universal Orlando Team Member has the necessary resources to look and feel professional for our guests. Maintains a clean work area, cleans garments, and ensures proper tracking of garments being cleaned. Ensures quality garments are show ready for our guests. Will be operating multiple commercial grade laundry machines to include presses, oversized washers, steam tunnels, automated conveyor systems, laundry computer tracking software.
- Wash, dry and press incoming dirty laundry from the day-to-day operations. Operates machinery such as washing equipment, RFID scanning equipment, washing machines, dryers, presses, automated conveyor system, Uniform Laundry software and iron/steam equipment.
- Fold and/or hang each garment to be ready for guest use.
- Scans, quality checks clothes after being washed from Laundry Services. Sorts items to the appropriate conveyor slot.
- Operates a computerized garment tracking system daily.
- Clean dryer filters, washer filters, presses, steam filters, sweep, dust, empty trash at end of shift.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Team Member will be responsible for the Laundry Services Facility. To include using a computerized inventory system, commercial laundry equipment. Team Member will quality check each garment as it is finished with its cleaning process. Team Members will scan all items in and out of Laundry Services to ensure proper location identification. Team Member will be required to operate various laundry machines to include leg press, double buck press, sleeve/cuff press, hat press, industrial iron, steam tunnel, up to 140 pound capacity washing machines, computerized conveyor systems, uniform cleaning software, and other industrial cleaning machines as they are added.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years experience using commercial laundry machines
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE