Co-Teacher, Avalon Park YMCA Family Center
This position is responsible for organizing and directing the appropriate program segment's day-to-day operations, supervising and training all support staff, and implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for youth to provide a successful program that will foster children's social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth in a safe and well-organized environment.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of a quality Child Development program.
- Must have willingness to care for children in all capacities; including diaper changes, toilet training, sudden illness or injury, etc.
- Attend all staff meetings as required to meet educational requirements. Establish in-service training.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of the daily lesson plans that fit the children's needs and interests.
- Take responsibility for the safety of the children in the child development environment and the quality of the supplies, equipment and materials in the child development area.
- Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper authorities.
- Make sure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of children on a daily basis.
- Report all accidents to the Supervisor, and completely fills out proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the childcare area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Assume equal share of the regular housekeeping chores such as cleaning, preparing for daily activities and cleaning up after projects.
- Ensure that YMCA Character Traits are evident in all activities.
- Assist in all phases of operation of the program.
- Establish a relationship with each child and know his or her present level of understanding; consider the needs of all the children and treat each child with respect and dignity.
- Work toward positive parent/staff relations.
- Participate in member retention, special events and fundraising. Complete all paperwork clearly and concisely. Remain up to date on emergency procedures and family center policies.
- Assure all programs are in compliance with all state and local requirements governing child care.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the family center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must have one year of child care experience.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Follow through actions regarding communication with all parents.