Manager on Duty ( MOD ) / Guest Services Manager - Caribe Royale Hotel
Title: Manager On Duty / Guest Services Manager
Department: Front Office
Location: Orlando, FL
At the Caribe Royale, we are extremely excited about the expansion of the Grand Caribe Convention Center, the complete renovation of all 1,335 suites and villas, and a new lobby creating a new “arrival experience”. If you are excited, and passionate, about ensuring our guests have a memorable experience then this is a wonderful time to join the Caribe Royale family.
- Create a positive guest experience. Be professional and courteous at all times
- Be aware of hotel activities pertaining to conventions, functions, meetings, groups, etc.
- Conduct regular property tours – reporting any issues or concerns which may need immediate attention
- Assist the Loss Prevention Director and staff in maintaining safety standards throughout the property for guests and employees by reporting any concerns
- Report all instances of theft or loss to the Loss Prevention Director/team and assist in any investigation when needed
- Assist in making decisions on necessary medical treatment and routing guests to appropriate medical facilities
- Knowledge of the Emergency Handbook and the role staff members play in an emergency
- Be proactive for the upcoming shift by taking ownership, performing necessary follow up, managing losses, continuous communication between other managers and departments, observing staffing levels for optimum performance of departments, and monitoring contracted staff to ensure acceptance of duties/attitude, etc.
- Handle and perform necessary research to conclude proper resolution for any guest issue to include lock audits, guest questioning, PBX log search, phone record search, etc.
- Complete and distribute daily MOD reports to appropriate staff
- Distribute and copy appropriate monthly theme park shuttle schedules
- Maintain accurate money bank at all times – immediately reporting any concerns to accounting.
- Assist other departments in obtaining acceptable levels of cash for guest transactions, and conducting proactive responses to anticipated group arrivals
- Maintains and adheres to the company values
- Assist in other areas and with additional duties as requested by management, particularly front office
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and additional time when business levels dictate
- Work closely with the front office, running shifts and managing associates
- Managing parking with large events
- Front Office Manager/ Guest Services Manager experience of at least 2-4 years
- A hospitality Management degree is a plus
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral)
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to work days, nights, weekends, and holiday
- Only candidates who meet the above qualifications will be considered
Why work for The Caribe Royale Orlando?
- We offer a positive and fun working environment.
- We offer the opportunity to grow within our property
- We offer great benefits such as weekly pay, 401K, paid holidays, health insurance coverage, and much more!