Supervisor, Technical Services - Ride & Show
SUMMARY: Supervises the mechanical, controls, and animation maintenance activities in area of responsibility. Contributes to routine, capital, and expense budgeting and sets direction and priorities of all maintenance functions for the area of responsibility. Manages and leads technical staff to include continuous improvement, personal development, and administration in area of responsibility. Manages the preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance activities within area of responsibility. Facilitates the hiring, training, and scheduling of employees with respective work areas.
- Supervises all ride maintenance with hands-on involvement. Ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment maintained in like new condition. Responds to attraction interruptions and works to resolve such issues in an expedient manner. Interfaces with Operations counterparts on a regular basis to ensure delivery of quality product and maintaining a high level of positive customer service. Acts as building/area owner (landlord), reporting any issues and maintaining downtime work activities.
- Oversees the planning and scheduling process for respective work area to include managing preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and part procurement. Analyzes operational performance of the attractions and manages priorities of maintenance activities.
- Supervises and leads training and development of all direct reports in assigned area. Administers development plans on a regular basis and as required. Manages schedules and personnel records for direct reports. Ensures safety compliance of assigned area of responsibility. Ensures compliance to all Universal Orlando policies and procedures. Ensures safety is the top priority of assigned area.
- Ensures operational throughput requirements are supported on a daily basis. Executes a preventative and predictive maintenance plan which minimizes downtime. Maintains records of completed maintenance for all work completed. Coordinates work efforts with operational needs of the attractions, working directly with all affected departments to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Ensures all areas of responsibility are in compliance with ASTM F-24 guidelines as well as original manufacturer's requirements.
- Focus on fiscal responsibility, ensuring budgets spending is controlled and reported properly. Assists in building mitigation plans for budget overages. Contributes to the building and managing of routine budgets for responsible area to include all expenses needed to achieve goals. Monitors overtime for responsible area, ensuring only used when absolutely necessary. Contributes to the building of capital and expense plans for responsible area as required.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Manages all maintenance activities for rides, shows, and guest interactive areas for specific area. Manages routine, expense and capital budgets for specific area. Supervises all hourly personnel in specific area.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Technical school is preferred.
- Associate's degree (AA) in General Education or Technology is preferred.
- 5 to 7 years in technical and trade experience are required.
- 1 to 3 years supervisory experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: NAARSO level 1 certification is required within one year of service hire date.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE