Manager, Data Science – Measurement
JOB SUMMARY: In Global Marketing Analytics, we support our global parks by providing the data, advanced analytics, and technology needed to create extraordinary experiences. By knowing our guests' hearts and minds, we deliver relevant, bespoke moments throughout the Universal journey ensuring a vacation experience like no other.
The Manager, Data Science – Measurement will lead a team of experienced data scientists in the end-to-end development of capabilities that will innovate how Universal Parks and Resorts measures our marketing performance. Combining a background in media measurement with a deep understanding of data science, this individual will drive our marketing attribution, time series and causal inference modeling to improve the effectiveness and efficiency in our marketing efforts. In addition to a technical expert, this role will need to collaborate across the organization to understand the business scenario, validate the data with channel leads, support the enablement of technology, and communicate with senior leadership. The successful candidate will need to be able to coach, mentor and inspire a team of diverse technical skillsets in order to drive more impact for the organization. This person must be a curious learner, passionate about data science and developing analytical products that drive business value
Predictive Model Development and Advanced Measurement Strategy
- Lead the development of UPR's attribution models to measure the effectiveness of paid, owned and earned media in order to drive actionable insights across key business areas for campaigns, destinations, attractions and events.
- Guide the construction of marketing KPI forecast models utilizing advanced time series methodologies in order to continuously evaluate performance and optimize future tactics.
- Define and produce deliverables that identify opportunities to shape measurement processes and reporting that inform and inspire internal stakeholders and decision makers.
- Utilize data science to create a comprehensive understanding of how marketing KPIs can drive marketing strategy, improve marketing campaigns/ tactics and generate revenue.
Marketing Data and Technology Enablement
- Provide strategic guidance in working alongside data engineering team and the technology department in defining business requirements and enabling the data processing for modeling.
- Partner in the development of end-to-end ML pipelines based on understanding of cloud platforms, model lifecycle and business problems to ensure analytics solutions are delivered efficiently, predictably and sustainably.
- Develop high performance, interactive analytic products based on model results to visualize marketing performance and identify opportunities to support business and internal client needs.
- Mentor direct reports on a weekly basis to guide them on performance, and personal and career growth.
- Help develop guiding principles, frameworks, processes and best practices for data science team.
- Conduct monthly / quarterly / annual planning with team to ensure team objectives align and support broader business objectives.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in a quantitative field required; Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Economics, or Econometrics.
EXPERIENCE: 7+ years prior hands-on experience in data science required. Experience partnering across an organization to implement advanced analytics solutions required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Subject matter expertise in building advanced analytics tools to deliver marketing attribution and business insights.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives from end-to-end
- Translate complex technical subjects for internal partners and team leadership through clear visual, written and verbal communications
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to translate hypotheses and scenarios into a framework for predictive modeling
- Offers technical guidance on modeling methodologies and best practices
- Experienced to lead team members in the application of advanced methodologies
- Expert knowledge programming in statistical languages R or Python
- Ability to develop front-end interactive applications through Shiny or Dash
- Skilled in interacting with relational databases through SQL
- Experience visualizing model results through Tableau or PowerBI a plus
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with quickly evolving business objectives.
- Curious. Demonstrates a willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE