JOB SUMMARY: The Event Guide is primarily responsible for assisting the Sales and Marketing department in executing internal and external Special Events. The primary duty is to act as ambassadors to Event Guests by welcoming them, communicating Event flow information and providing overall park directions. The Event Guide must be comfortable interacting with people and able to provide exemplary Guest Service.
- Executes Special Events in Universal Studios, Islands Of Adventure, CityWalk, Resort Hotels and Sound Stages. Assists with arrivals and check-in of Event Guests, facilitates movement of groups throughout the resort to include transportation, provides overall itinerary information and assistance to Special Event Guests maintain boundaries of Event, distributes materials as required, assists with on-site needs of Event Guests. The Event Guide must have an overall knowledge of the entire property including on-site hotels.
Provides assistance during Productions and Parades in the park.
- Responsible for crowd control/guest flow, barricade and rope and stanchion placement for queues and event barriers.
- Event guides are expected to properly lift all event inventory supplies. Event Guides must also adhere to safety guidelines when escorting or directing vehicles into the park and around UO property.
- Event guides are also responsible for providing capacity management support within Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure during peak park operation.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for assisting the Sales and Marketing department in executing internal and external Special Events.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: Must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to think on your feet and also be able to demonstrate park knowledge (attraction locations and descriptions, restroom locations); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE