Assc. Data Scientist, Revenue Mgmt
JOB SUMMARY: Formulate and apply advanced analytical approaches such as mathematical optimization, stochastic process models, econometric methods and decision analysis in the development of revenue management models for Universal Express, Foods, and Merchandise.
- Formulate and apply advanced analytical approaches such as mathematical optimization, stochastic process models, econometric methods and decision analysis in the development of revenue management models for Universal Express, Foods, and Merchandise.
- Establish key performance tracking metrics and monitor ongoing performance; validate and optimize revenue management system assumptions and setting on an ongoing basis. Test new products, adjust price and calculate demand sensitivity to make recommendations and implement changes to optimize profitability. Measure market response at the product and category levels.
- Provide weekly and annual pricing recommendations, collaborate with product owners to refine pricing decisions. Develop and maintain dashboards and reporting to further enhance visibility and transparency to the modeling and performance.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Develop Revenue Management models and solutions for Express/FOL, Food, Merchandise and other ancillary products across all domestic parks sales channels.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree is preferred. MS/PhD degrees in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work through complex problems
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE