Night Shift: Monday - Friday 1:00 PM - 9:30 PM (40 hours/week)
Pay Range: PG-P03 ($10.04)
FULL TIME TEMP TO PERM
Candidates will be staffed through Ad-Vance Talent Solutions, a business partner of Polk County, during the probationary period before transition to County employment.
*** This Position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement***
Must have the physical, developmental, and mental ability to perform tasks, work efforts responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
Physical work in housekeeping and domestic tasks in and around buildings. Performs a variety of custodial duties following prescribed operational and safety procedures. Performs various combinations of the following: sweeps, vacuums, and mops floors, cleans and sanitizes restroom facilities and fixtures, replenishes restroom supplies, dusts and polishes all furniture and equipment.
Empties, cleans, and sanitizes waste receptacles. Empty and cleans exterior ashtrays and cleans exterior break areas. Removes all trash to designated disposal area. Cleans mirrors, doors and walls. Identifies and reports building maintenance needs to supervisor. Receives and reports on inquiries from the public or custodial service complaints. Travel to various county buildings and facilities to perform work when needed. Cleans independently or with other team members. Modified schedules may be required to meet coverage or special assignments.
Ability to see, walk, bend and stoop, sit, and stand. Ability to lift, pull and push up to fifty (50) pounds. Ability to perform physical, laboring tasks. Must be able to lift and carry moderately heavy materials, supplies, and equipment (25-50 lbs.) Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of general practices and methods of custodial maintenance, and standard safety practices.
- Knowledge of chemicals used in cleaning.
- Ability to perform janitorial duties, such as sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping floors.
- Ability to learn various techniques for cleaning and maintenance of facilities, furniture and fixtures.
- Language Skills – Ability to listen well, understand and follow oral and written instructions, ability to speak clearly and professionally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public, and deal with them in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to keep accurate records and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Work activities may include one or a combination of the following physical demands, ability to stand on your feet for extended periods (three to four hours).
- Skill using basic cleaning equipment (Vacuum, Mops).
- Ability maintain accountability of supplies and equipment.
- Must be able to secure a valid Florida driver's license and satisfactory motor vehicle record should it be required by assigned unit or office.
- High school diploma or equivalent
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.